Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog Series: In my Makeup Bag


Today the joyful and full of positive energy Lynn from Hearted Girl is here at The Vault Files sharing her favorite makeup products. Make sure to check out her blog! ;) 

What's your current makeup bag and are you craving any in particular?
My current make-up bag has been through the ringer with me, it's a beloved thing but it's also very camera shy and couldn't even begin to say cheese for all you swell folks but if you promise not to spread the word out I can share a show stopper capturing my attention at the mo. okay, pinky swears intact...it's the Paul Smith Swirl Make-Up Bag. Don't you want one peeking out at you from inside your purse too? runner up would be this 

Is there anything you’re coveting right now?
Stila's Holiday Dream in Full Color Palette - a virtual kaleidoscope of day to evening makeup combos. I'm a girl who likes variety; it's the spice of life so "they" say and anything that gives me choice after choice gets added immediately to the metaphoric shopping cart.
  
Do you have a makeup tip or secret you would like to share?
Sure do, but where do I start? How about Oscar Blandi's Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray - it's saved me on many mornings when time just hasn't allowed for a full service wash and blo.
Another lesson I learned was from Kandee Johnson, if you haven't been turned on to her site yet then don't wait a moment longer, she rocks my face off with her bounty of pro make-up tips, tricks and touching life stories. One of the big lessons learned is from her You Tube channel feature entitled Flawless Perfect Foundation. I've got some heinous under eye darkies so this tutorial showed me how to mask them and achieve it in a way that doesn't promote the raccoon effect. It's pretty bloody brilliant and I adore her mass amounts!

Any particular makeup trend that you're looking forward for fall?
I've jumped on the diy nail art trend, embracing its shape-shifter ability and chic versatility. As far as fads go I really like how this one can stylize your digits plus keep your pocket jingly intact.
"Only Gold for Me" sparkle polish from Sephora covers the glitz portion of this manicure obsesh of mine - die hard dazzle for life!

How does your day make-up routine differ from your night time one?
The thing is it usually doesn't, what I end up putting on in the morning comes out with me at night too. Starting my day with Josie Maran Argan Primer Mist has been prepping my canvas with fail safe results. If we do have a special event or date night then I'll up the ante with either smoked up eyes and nude lips or uber bright lips like THESE from the fabulous Lisa Eldridge!

Get Lynn's favorite products:
> Benefit Full-Finish Lipstick in Flirt Alert
> Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder
> Make Up Forever Duo Mat Powder Foundation
> Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation
> Rimmel London Nail polish in French Manicure - the best part about this polish is the paint brush like shape! It’s flat and goes on smooth as silk
> Josie Maran Argan Infused Eyeliner in Raven
> Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
> Stila Convertible Color in Poppy
> Josie Maran Wildflower Argan Powder Palette

No comments:

Post a Comment