Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blog Series: In my Makeup Bag


Today, Emily Smith from The Best of this Life is sharing her favorite makeup goodies. If you haven't checked out her blog you must because not only is she the sweetest, but her blog is filled with gorgeous pictures and delicious gluten-free recipes. Plus, she just redesigned her blog and I love how it turned out, so go check her out, you won't be disappointed!

What's your current makeup bag? 
I carry my essentials in the silver sequined "Luxe Noir" Bling Clutch by Sephora and I'm really wanting the cobalt blue makeup bag by Stephanie Johnson. They are so gorgeous....the cobalt blue and the diamond print is as pretty as can be! Honestly, I love all of Stephanie Johnson's makeup bags...how can you go wrong?

Is there anything you're coveting right now?
I'm coveting this gorgeous lipstick compact by Dolce & Gabbana, the shades are perfect for right now.

Do you have a makeup tip or secret you would like to share?
I use Nancy K Brown's 5% Glycolic Aloe Exfoliant everyday  - it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin and keeps it clear, soft and rejuvenated. It really does wonders! I apply a thin layer, morning and night. 
And of course, I wear sunscreen every single day! I use Neostrata Anti-Aging sunscreen - it's light weight and perfect under makeup.

Any particular makeup trend that you're looking forward for fall? 
The purple smoky-eye. This palette would be ideal: Lady Grey. I love how the color accentuates brown eyes.

How does your day makeup routine differs from your night time one? 
My day make-up consists of sunscreen, two dabs of under eye concealer, one coat of mascara and a sweep of blush. I keep it very light and just enough to feel put together while I'm running after my 12 month old most of the day! 
For a night on the town, I will definitely spend more time doing it up! I love a heavier eye with hazy silvers, deep purples and full lashes - paired with a glossy pink lip! It's definitely my go-to evening look.

Get Emily's favorite products:
> Laura Mercier Foundation 
> Maybelline Falsies mascara 
> Blue Heaven Kajal "My husband got me this while shopping at a spice market in Turkey! It's one of my favorite beauty products"
> Clinique All About Eyes Concealer "It has helped me disguise so many sleepless nights...a must-have for new mommies!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment