Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog Series: In my Makeup Bag


This week I have Ali from With an i.e. sharing her favorite products. I started reading her blog not so long ago, but I'm so happy I ran into it because I really enjoy it (did I mention she's a DIY master?), so make sure you check it out!

What's your current make-up bag?
I actually use a make-up box instead of a make-up bag (except when I travel). I find it easier to find items in this versus digging through a bag. I have had this one from Target for several years now, but love it.

Do you have a make-up tip or secret you would like to share?
Use a highlighter (I like MAC cream color base in Hush) on the apples of your cheeks and your brow bone, it will really add dimension and gives you a nice healthy glow. Also, since everyone has different skin tones, I think it's important to find colors that look good on you and highlight your best features.

Any particular make-up trend that you're looking forward for fall?
I'm really liking the whole cat eyeliner look, although I'm still trying to master it on myself. Also, not only are we seeing a lot of color in fashion this fall, but also when it comes to make-up, I think this might be a fun trend to try as well.

How does your day make-up routine differs from your night time one?
My make-up routine doesn't differ a whole lot from day to night. I usually like to do a bolder lip and then I usually just apply more mascara and touch up my eyeliner.

Get Ali's favorite products:
> Bare Minerals Foundation Fairly Light 
> MAC Eyeliner Pencil in Teddy 
> MAC  Fix +
> Maybelline  Color Sensational lipcolor in Fuchsia Fever
> Essie Nail Color in Power Clutch
> Clinique High Lengths Mascara
> MAC Paints in bare canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment