Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blog Series: In my Makeup Bag


This week the super talented Anna of In Honor of Design is sharing her favorite makeup products with us. I'm pretty sure you already know who she is, but in case you don't you should add her blog to your daily reads (like I do) because she always has great stuff to share, she is genuinely kind and friendly, and she always finds time to get back to you with sweet words.

"I am pretty low maintenance when it comes to hair and make up. I think natural looks are always the most beautiful, so I try to keep things simple".

What's your current make-up bag?
I love a bag that has lots of organizational pockets :) So I use a  Mary Kay brushes and make up bag. It holds it all for me and wraps up easy to throw in my purse!

Is there a makeup product you're currently coveting?
Once in a while I like to wear a bold colored lipstick and I have been anxious to try some of Estee Lauder's! Also on the wishlist: Mac shadows and Butter London Nail colors.

Any tip, secret or random makeup thought:
I don't know if this is any secret, but I would say my number one tip is to take care of your skin! If your skin looks healthy, so does your make up. It will apply easier, and blend better for an overall better appearance. Also, eye primers are fantastic for holding your eye makeup on all day long! 

Any particular make-up trend that you're looking forward for fall? 
I am actually loving the bold lip colors and ombre eyeshadows. I usually go for either bold eyes or bold lips, but never together :)

How does your day makeup routine differs from your night time one?
Daytime consists of mascara, tinted moisturizer, and lip gloss. Its pretty simple since your morning routine has to be pretty quick when you have little ones. However, when I go out at night or on weekends, I use most of my products listed above. I take the time to apply smokey eyes or bold lips. But as my husband reminds me, a smile can be your best feature!

Get Anna's favorite products:
> Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush 
> Rimmel London SpecialEyes Eye Liner Pencil 
> Smashbox Photo Finish Bronzing Foundation Primer
> Mary Kay Brush Collection and bag
> Cover Girl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara
> Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer
> Revlon Just Bitten Lip Satin + Balm
> e.l.f. Mineral Eye Shadow in Celebrity and Caffeinated

* Thanks Anna for letting us know what's in your makeup bag, loved reading about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment