Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blog series: In my Makeup bag


Sharing her favorite products this week is Jessica from Life Done Properly. I love Jessica's attitude (she hates Black Friday's crowds as I do) and I haven't met anyone who rocks a pixie cut as she does! So if you haven't checked out her blog do so! 

Any tip, secret or random makeup thought: 
It's no secret, but lately my favorite tip is this: apply a small amount of white shadow or white eyeliner to the inside corner of your eye, near your tear duct. It really makes your eyes pop and appear bigger! 

What's your current make-up bag?
I typically buy my Estee Lauder products from whatever department store is offering a free gift with purchase at the time, so I literally have a garbage sack full of all shapes and sizes of cosmetic bags. When one starts to wear out, I change it, or if I am traveling I use whichever is most practical. Right now, I am using this United Colors of Benetton bag. I bought it forever ago, and it still looks great. 

How does your night time routine differs from your day time one?
I start every day with the same skin care regimen. I wash my face only with water in the morning. Before I apply my makeup, I apply a myriad of skincare products (toner, eye serum, skin illuminating serum, wrinkle lifting serum, and moisturizer.) I like to change up my eye and lip colors as often as I can, but if I'm in a hurry I usually just resort to a bronze shadow and brown liner, then finish with a light cream bronzer on my cheeks.
If I'm going out at night, I like spicing up the look by adding black eyeliner to create a smokey eye, and a splash of red tinted lipgloss. I wash my face every night with a good facial cleanser (never, ever, ever soap!), then apply the same skin tone illuminator and eye serums before bed. 

Any particular make-up trend that you're looking forward for fall?I am loving all of the bright color trends for fall; oranges, yellows, pinks, greens and even blues! I say if you can wear it in your clothes, you can wear it on your face! I am also looking forward to breaking out my warm golds, bronzes and reds.


Get Jessica's favorite products:
> MAC Eye Shadow in Woodwinked
> Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator
> MAC Powerpoint Pencil in Stubborn Brown
> MAC Fix + Some uses: "I spritz it on my eyeshadow brush to give my shadow creamy texture and intense pigmentation. I also spritz it all over my face to set my makeup. It gives my face a tingly and refreshed feeling. Can't beat it"
> Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
> Estee Lauder Double Wear Mineral Rich Loose Powder
> Maybelline The Colossal Mascara In Glam Black

* Thank you so much Jessica for being part of the Makeup series ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment