Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blog Series: In my Makeup Bag


This week's guest on "In my Makeup Bag" series is the bubbly Lauren from L.A. in the bay. Lauren blogs about her extreme love for fashion and design, so make sure to check out her blog!. I read it daily ;)

Is there anything you're coveting right now?
Oh yes, MAC Lady Danger lipstick. It is sold out at every MAC store, so I went ahead and purchased it online. Can't wait to get it in the mail!

What's your current makeup bag and are you craving any in particular?
Current makeup bag is one of those freebie's from Clinique, but I totally love the design. It is a Trina Turk for Clinique makeup bag. What I would love to have is Kate Spade's new Matchbook Print Large Flat Pouch. Obsessed.

Do you have a make-up tip or secret you would like to share?
Apply concealer before foundation, and then powder on top. This will create a blended flawless look.
Also, dress up your eyes or your lips, not both. If you decide you want to do a hot smokey eye, go neutral on the lips. But if you want to rock just a cat eye, make sure to go bold with the lips.

Any particular makeup trend that you're looking forward for fall?
yes! the bold lip colors. I am seeing all different shades of red, from the pinkish tones, all the way to deep plums. So fun and so chic.

How does your day makeup routine differs from your night time one?
It really isn't that different. The only difference is that during the day I don't really wear eye shadow. I always always have winged eyeliner on, with some fun lip color.
At night I like to take out my huge collection of MAC eye shadows, and create a two to three toned smokey eye.

Get Lauren's favorite products:
> Urban Decay Brow Box
> Sue Devitt Pressed Powder
> Benefit High Brow "It is perfect to put under the arch of the brow, and in the inner corners of the eye to easily brighten up the face. You can also put a little bit on your cheek bone for definition. Totally makes all the difference".
> Revlon Gentlemen Prefer Pink Lipstick
> L'Oreal Paris Extra volume collagen Mascara in Blackest Black "I have tried so many mascaras over the years, from drugstore brands to department store brands, and this seems to be my favorite right now"
> Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Corrector "The key to a good under eye concealer is having not only good coverage, but also a creamy consistency. This one has both. It applies smoothly due to the Olay eye cream , and does wonders for dark circles. And I also use it as a concealer!"
> MAC Fluidline Eyeliner in Blacktrack "I use an angle brush to apply, and it makes for the most perfect cat eye".
> MAC Powder Blush in Peaches
> Kate Spade Matchbook Print Large Flat Pouch

* Thanks Lauren, it was a pleasure working on your post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment