Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Blog Series: In my Makeup Bag


Today I'm featuring Elizabeth Fassbender's's favorite makeup products. Liz is the girl behind So Much to Smile About, a great blog I started reading not so much ago but that quickly became a favorite one. I love how she named her blog, isn't it an uplifting name? Make sure to check it out!

Is there anything you're coveting right now?
I'd love to try a nude Dior Addict or YSL lipstick and I desperately want the Cartier 'Baiser Vole' Eau de Parfum for my fall fragrance.

What's your current makeup bag and are you craving any in particular?
Right now, I use a Longchamp Le Pliage cosmetic bag (easy to throw in my purse and keep clean), but I'd love a colorful Kate Spade or Marc Jacobs case!

Do you have a makeup tip or secret you would like to share?
I just recently discovered brow pencils and I don't know how I ever went without them! A perfectly-groomed brow creates such a put-together look, and because the rest of my makeup is minimal (light coverage, bronzer and nude/light pink lip), I can really focus on my eyes. Liquid eyeliner is great for creating a winged look, and with the right eyeliner (why I love my Le Metier de Beaute) it can be super easy to do.

Any particular makeup trend that you're looking forward for fall?
YSL is releasing their Noir Terriblement and Blanc Terriblement palettes in November that are inspired by the classic tuxedo. I can't wait to try the dark eye shadows and the nail polish duo (a matte and a glossy black you use together) this fall!

How does your day makeup routine differs from your night time one?
I keep it pretty simple during the day with a clean face, nude lip and strong eyeliner. To take it to a night look, I just make the eyes darker and perhaps throw on a pink lipstick. I rarely use eyeshadow so it's actually pretty easy for me to go day to night!

Get Liz's favorite products:
> Clinique City Block
> Benefit Hoola Bronzer Powder
> Le Métier Beauté Precision Liquid Liner
> Longchamp Le Pliage Makeup Bag
> Chanel Rouge Coco Shine
> Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
> Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Glow Pads
> Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara

* Thank you Liz for participating!

No comments:

Post a Comment