Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tips file: Airport


Calypso St. Bart Library Cardigan, Forever 21 Folded Brim Wool Fedora, Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Tate Tote, Madewell Aberdeen Oxford, Hayden Harnett Michio Nylon Large Carryall 

For the past 3 years I've been very lucky and fortunate to travel quite a bit, so I just wanted to share with you some tips on packing your hand luggage.

- Airports can get very cold so I always wear an extra layer. Pieces that tie at the front are way more practical than pullovers, so cardigans or blazers are a good choice.
- Hats are really not that necessary for shorts flights but when you're in a flight that is 14 hours long your hair can get a little messy and a hat can do the trick to keep you looking good, besides hats always make you look chic ;)
- I like to get a couple of my favorite magazines to read on the plane so as soon as I know that I'm traveling I keep unread the latest issues so that I have something new to read. I also like to carry a good book.
- Shoes: Since you have to take your shoes off at security check points I like to wear comfortable shoes that are easy to take off and on, and since I don't like being bare feet on the carpet I try to avoid wearing sandals.
- I use a large pouch to keep handy everything I need during the flight. This way I don't have to keep with me my large handbag and I don't have to stand up to get things during the flight.
- I always carry some sort of snacks like roasted almonds, granola bars, crackers. You have no idea how many times they have saved my life.
- To avoid dry skin and dehydration don't forget to drink plenty of fluids before, during and after the flight. Not alcohol ladies, water water water!
- Pack your cosmetics in a Ziploc and as soon as you land just transfer them over to your make-up bag and make sure to carry lip balm and a moisturizer (I like to carry samples instead of the whole jar or tube)
- And last but not least always remember to carry a pen and don't forget to wear your watch (different time zones = time adjusting)

No comments:

Post a Comment